DES MOINES– Gov. Kim Reynolds today announced her appointment of Patrick McAvan as a district associate judge in Judicial Election District 8A. McAvan, of Fairfield, Iowa, currently serves as an Assistant Jefferson County Attorney. He received his undergraduate degree from Loras College and his law degree from the University of Kansas School of Law. McAvan fills a vacancy created by the addition of four new district associate judge positions authorized by the legislature in last year’s session. Judicial Election District 8A includes Appanoose, Davis,Jefferson, Keokuk, Mahaska, Monroe, Poweshiek, Wapello, Washington, and Van Buren counties.
Recent News Stories
- News Representative Taylor Collins Monthly Newsletter December 1, 2023
- News From Walmart Bench to Jail Bench: Man Arrested With Meth in Grocery Store December 1, 2023
- News Enjoying the Grass? More Snow Projected for Thursday Night November 30, 2023
- News Possible Lane Closures for Franklin Avenue November 30, 2023
- News Overturned Semi in Lee County November 30, 2023
- News Fire in Winfield This Morning November 30, 2023