At the request of the Henry County Emergency Management Coordinator, Walt Jackson, the Office of the State Fire Marshal prohibits open burning in Henry County. Upon investigation the Fire Marshal finds that conditions in Henry County are such that open burning constitutes a danger to life and/or property. The ban remians in place until Jackson notifies the State Fire Marshal that the dangerous conditions no longer exist. Violation of the order is a simple misdemeanor. Jackson requested the ban on behalf of the fire departments with fire districts located in Henry County.
Recent News Stories
- News Winfield-Mt. Union Community School Board Meeting Agenda June 2, 2023
- News Farmers Market Nutrition Program Returns June 2, 2023
- News 100 Deadliest Days Begin June 2, 2023
- News Henry County Supervisors Agenda, June 6th June 1, 2023
- News Firework Use Times in Henry County June 1, 2023
- News 11-year-old Missing Child Found, Ottumwa Man Facing Charges June 1, 2023