At the request of the Henry County Emergency Management Coordinator, Walt Jackson, the Office of the State Fire Marshal prohibits open burning in Henry County. Upon investigation the Fire Marshal finds that conditions in Henry County are such that open burning constitutes a danger to life and/or property. The ban remians in place until Jackson notifies the State Fire Marshal that the dangerous conditions no longer exist. Violation of the order is a simple misdemeanor. Jackson requested the ban on behalf of the fire departments with fire districts located in Henry County.
Recent News Stories
- News Woman Killed in Burlington Now Identified December 8, 2023
- News Budget Cuts Coming to Henry County December 8, 2023
- News Cereal Box Drive Organized by Mt. Pleasant Highschoolers December 8, 2023
- News Two Men Flee After Traffic Stop in Mt. Pleasant Now Charged December 8, 2023
- News Man Arrested Months After Burglary December 8, 2023
- News Multiple Vehicle Accident on Tuesday Involving 15 Year Old December 7, 2023