The Henry County Cattlemen presented Keith Zihlman with the “Cattleperson of the Year” award at the annual banquet held Thursday evening. The membership also celebrated the organization’s 50th Anniversary with a ribeye meal prepared and served by the Knights of Columbus. The Iowa Cattlemen’s Association Southeast Iowa Member Services representative, Madyson Till, spoke to the group and Comedy Magician Dewayne Hill entertained. The local Cattlemen presented $400 to each Family and Consumer Science Department in the county high schools. These funds and the annual scholarships are supported by the many grill outs done by the cattlemen throughout the year. Appreciation letters from scholarship winners, Lilly Clark and Lars Smith, were shared. Both are WACO graduates. Clark attends Muscatine Community College where she is studying Agriculture Education and Smith is an Agriculture Production student at Blackhawk Community College. Certificates were presented for the County Raised Champion Steer and the Champion Breeding Heifer shown at the 2022 Henry County Fair. The steer was shown by Kalayna Durr and raised by Kylie Loyd. The heifer was shown and raised by Ethan Graber.
Recent News Stories
- News Iowa State Fair Board Election Results December 11, 2023
- News Christmas with the Governor December 11, 2023
- News Enhance Henry County Community Foundation Meeting Tuesday December 11, 2023
- News Burlington Burglary Bandits Bounced off the Street and into Jail December 11, 2023
- News Ottumwa Driver Dead After Sunday Afternoon Crash December 11, 2023
- News Choose Iowa Grant Application December 8, 2023