The Henry County Cattlemen presented Keith Zihlman with the “Cattleperson of the Year” award at the annual banquet held Thursday evening. The membership also celebrated the organization’s 50th Anniversary with a ribeye meal prepared and served by the Knights of Columbus. The Iowa Cattlemen’s Association Southeast Iowa Member Services representative, Madyson Till, spoke to the group and Comedy Magician Dewayne Hill entertained. The local Cattlemen presented $400 to each Family and Consumer Science Department in the county high schools. These funds and the annual scholarships are supported by the many grill outs done by the cattlemen throughout the year. Appreciation letters from scholarship winners, Lilly Clark and Lars Smith, were shared. Both are WACO graduates. Clark attends Muscatine Community College where she is studying Agriculture Education and Smith is an Agriculture Production student at Blackhawk Community College. Certificates were presented for the County Raised Champion Steer and the Champion Breeding Heifer shown at the 2022 Henry County Fair. The steer was shown by Kalayna Durr and raised by Kylie Loyd. The heifer was shown and raised by Ethan Graber.
Recent News Stories
- News Out Like A Lion March 31, 2023
- News The Dickey Dispatch by Senator Adrian Dickey March 31, 2023
- News MP March Students of Character March 31, 2023
- News From Senator Mark Lofgren March 31, 2023
- News Beginning April 3 Drivers Will See Increased Law Enforcement Efforts March 31, 2023
- News Secretary Pate is urging voters to respond to ‘No Activity’ notices March 31, 2023