The cause of a Friday afternoon house fire south of Mount Pleasant remains unknown. Homeowner Rich Taylor said he has no idea how it started. No one was at home at the time and no one was hurt. But it appears the house was seriously damaged. A little after 1:30 pm, reports started coming in reporting smoke coming from the home at 2667 Iowa Avenue. When the Mount Pleasant Fire Department arrived on the scene with two engines, two tankers, a command unit and 16 firefighters, they found the one and a half story house fully engulfed in flames. The Salem Department was called for mutual aid and brought a tanker, an attack truck, a brush truck and 8 firefighters. The brush truck was needed when a small brush fire ignited nearby. Crews were on the scene for about 3 hours and Mount Pleasant firefighters had to return Friday evening to put out a flare-up.
Recent News Stories
- News Arrest in Officer Involved Shooting December 6, 2022
- News Grant Award Ceremony December 6, 2022
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda December 6, 2022
- News Officer Involved Shooting In Mount Pleasant December 5, 2022
- News DCI Investigation in Mount Pleasant December 4, 2022
- News Area Drop-Offs for Deer Hides December 3, 2022