On Friday, July 28th Lee County Sherriff’s Department responded to a two-vehicle collision at HWY 218 and HWY 61. James Wilsey of Keokuk, IA sustained front passenger damage, while Dakota Nichols of Carthage, IL sustained damage to rear driver’s side of the vehicle. Nichols was waiting to make a right turn onto HWY 61 when he had to stop for a vehicle and was struck in the rear by Wilsey. It was determined when deputies arrived Wilsey, and the passenger had switched seats after the collision. It was determined Wilsey has a suspended driving status. Wilsey was cited for failure to stop in assured distance and driving under suspension. No injuries were observed or mentioned at the time of the accident.
Recent News Stories
- News Mt. Pleasant School Board Election Candidates September 22, 2023
- News Dana Millard for MPCSD School Board September 22, 2023
- News SEISO Join Iowa Culture Leadership Cohort September 22, 2023
- News Tony Keefe – New LeeComm Director September 22, 2023
- News Mt. Pleasant Travels to Marion for Marching Band Contest September 22, 2023
- News Burlington Police Department Hiring September 22, 2023