On January 5, at approximately 10:22 PM, the Des Moines County Sheriff’s Office responded to 11912 Highway 99 Lot #96 in reference to a possible drug overdose. While investigating the incident, Daryl Heyl, age 33, of Burlington, IA was found to have overdosed on heroin at that location. Heyl was transported to Southeast Iowa Regional Medical Center for treatment for the overdose. After further investigation Heyl was found to be in the possession of multiple drugs including heroin, marijuana, prescription medications, and a large quantity of methamphetamine. After being treated and released from SEIRMC, Heyl was placed under arrest, transported to the Des Moines County Jail, and charged with 3 counts of possession of a controlled substance 2nd offense, and possession of a methamphetamine with intent to deliver. His bond was set at $25,000.
Recent News Stories
- News Music In Motion Invitational Results February 5, 2023
- News Gov. Reynolds appoints Patrick McAvan as District Associate Judge February 3, 2023
- News The Dickey Dispatch February 3, 2023
- News Henry County Cattlemen Celebrate February 3, 2023
- News SCC to Host Free Financial Aid Workshop Feb 15 February 3, 2023
- News From Senator Mark Lofgren February 2, 2023