The West Burlington Police Department has identified the victim in a single-vehicle crash on Highway 34. According to a news release, on Thursday, March 16th, at 5:50 PM the West Burlington Police Department responded to a report of a single-vehicle crash on Highway 34 at the Gear Avenue exit. Officers arrived at 5:51, along with Burlington and West Burlington firefighters and paramedics. A preliminary investigation showed that the driver, 55-year-old Bruce C. Yurth Jr. of Mount Pleasant was traveling eastbound on Highway 34 when his vehicle veered across the median and westbound lanes of traffic, entered the north ditch, and struck a tree. Yurth was taken to Southeast Iowa Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced deceased.
Recent News Stories
- News Winfield-Mt. Union Community School Board Meeting Agenda June 2, 2023
- News Farmers Market Nutrition Program Returns June 2, 2023
- News 100 Deadliest Days Begin June 2, 2023
- News Henry County Supervisors Agenda, June 6th June 1, 2023
- News Firework Use Times in Henry County June 1, 2023
- News 11-year-old Missing Child Found, Ottumwa Man Facing Charges June 1, 2023