Senator Grassley joined KILJ for an exclusive interview on Monday, September 18th. He spoke on a variety of topics, including health care, school-choice, his 43rd annual tour of all 99 counties in Iowa, and his celebrations for his recent birthday. The Senator also wanted to remind those between 17-23 years of age, of the upcoming military academy nomination deadline on October 20th, 2023.
Senator Grassley is able to nominate select Iowans each year to attend these prestigious academies. For more information, visit https://www.grassley.senate.gov/services/academy-nominations
- Applicants should first apply directly to the academies of interest and request that pre-candidate files be opened on their behalf.
- Download and complete Senator Grassley’s office’s academy nomination application. You’ll also need to provide the following materials:
- Completed High School Evaluation form by a School Guidance Counselor or alternate administrative school official
- High school transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher
- Two additional letters of recommendation from Iowans
- An essay (Between one and two pages, single spaced)
- ACT/SAT score (This must submitted directly by ACT/SAT. The identification number for the ACT is 7129 and the identification code for the SAT is 6260.)
- Applicants should also seek recommendations from Senator Joni Ernst, their representative in the U.S. House of Representatives or Vice President Kamala Harris.
- Mail the completed application and supporting materials to: U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley
Attn: Nominations Coordinator
721 Federal Building
210 Walnut Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50309