Sunday at 1:15 am Mount Pleasant Police were called to the mobile home park at 200 South Street. Reportedly, a woman ran into a neighbor’s mobile home and then was dragged back out by a man, later identified as Chadley Yeakley of Mount Pleasant. Witnesses said the woman told them about being tied up by Yeakley. Both the man and the woman were found in another mobile home. Officers were unable to make contact so they entered the home where they spoke with Yeakley who was barricaded in a back bedroom with the victim. Evidently, he had a knife and would not let the woman leave. Officers talked to Yeakley for about 90 minutes before he finally released the woman. However, Yeakley refused to drop the knife and surrender. Eventually, he did surrender peacefully and was taken to the Henry County Jail. Yeakley is charged with domestic abuse involving display or use of a weapon, kidnapping, willful injury an possession of a firearm by a felon.
Recent News Stories
- News Additional Volunteers Needed for Home Delivered Meals Routes January 21, 2022
- News Vietnam War Vets to be Honored January 21, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count January 21, 2022
- News Former Teacher Arrested on Sexual Exploitation Charges January 20, 2022
- News Covid Cases in Henry County January 20, 2022
- News SCC to Host Free Financial Aid Workshop Feb 2 January 20, 2022