The Mount Pleasant Municipal Utilities Board of Trustees will meet in regular session Tuesday, June 21 at 1 pm in the City Council Chambers at Mount Pleasant City Hall.
I. CALL TO ORDER.
A. Roll call.
B. Approval of Agenda.
II. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING.
A. Regular Board Meeting – May 17th, 2022 – Approval.
A. Approval of Warrants.
B. Treasurer’s Report – Jody Fuller.
C. Transfer of Funds.
1. Iowa Public Agency Investment Trust (IPAIT) Program Transfer – Approval.
D. Audit Update.
E. Resolution No. 2022-07: Resolution Setting Salaries for the Supervisory Employees and Hourly Wage
Rates for Non-Bargaining Unit Employees of Mt. Pleasant Municipal Utilities for Fiscal Year 2022-
F. Fiscal 2022-2023 Operating and Capital Budgets – Review and Approval.
1. Board review of the final draft of the 2022-2023 Operating and Capital Budgets.
2. Board approval of the 2022-2023 Operating and Capital Budgets.
IV. LEGAL COUNSEL.
A. David L. McCoid, Attorney.
1. Board Approval to Authorize the General Manager (Jack Hedgecock) to retain the Legal Services
of the Ahlers & Cooney P.C., Law Firm for the purpose of serving as the Legal Counsel for the Mt.
Pleasant Municipal Utilities – Review and Approval Authorization.
A. Management – Jack Hedgecock, General Manager.
1. Resolution No. 2022-09: Resolution of Appreciation to David McCoid for his many years of
dedicated service as the Legal Counsel for the Mt. Pleasant Municipal Utilities.
2. Cedar Lane Well #7 and Water Distribution System Project – Update and Approval.
a) Board review of the associated Bid Package #1 (Well Drilling) system work.
b) Board review of the associated Bid Package #2 (Well Equipping) system work.
c) Board review and final acceptance of Bid Package #3 (Raw Water Main) system work
completed by Fye Excavating. Associated bonds and project retainage to be released at a
3. Well #6 Water Treatment Plant PLC Renovation Project – Update.
a) Board review of the associated water treatment plant renovation work.
4. Old Orchard Drive Underground Electric Distribution System Replacement Project – Update.
a) Board review of the associated electric distribution system work.
5. E. Clay Street Water Main Replacement Project – Review.
a) Board review of the associated water distribution and service replacement work.
6. Adams Street Substation 15 kV Sheltered Aisle Switchgear Replacement Project – Update.
a) Board review of the associated new Adams Street Substation 15 kV Sheltered Aisle
Switchgear Replacement Project.
7. Transmission System Power Supply Project – Update.
a) Status update of the associated 69 kV transmission system power supply work.
8. Monthly Activities.
VI. OTHER BUSINESS.
A. Other Business, Unscheduled for Consideration by Board of Trustees.
1. Executive Session – Personnel & Legal.
a) (Executive Session pursuant to Section 21.5(1)(c) of the Code of Iowa for