On December 23, 2023 just after 2:40 in the afternoon, the Henry County Sheriff’s Office received an emergency report of a vehicle on fire near the intersection of 140th Street and Kentucky Avenue. Olds Fire Department and Henry County Deputies responded to the scene. The reporting party and driver of the vehicle, Scott Johnson of Mount Pleasant, reported that he had done mechanical work on the vehicle and was out test driving when a spark and flame erupted from the engine compartment. Scott was unable to control the fire and exited the vehicle before calling 911. Scott was uninjured from the fire, and the vehicle was inoperable after the fire was extinguished.
Recent News Stories
- News Don’t Drink and Drive: Mt. Pleasant Man Charged After Rolling Pickup Truck February 26, 2024
- News Rep. Collins Announces Reelection Bid February 26, 2024
- News Welcome to Medicare Seminars Hosted by Great River Health February 26, 2024
- News Red Flag Warning – Do Not Burn Today February 26, 2024
- News InMotion Takes First! Grand Champions for Showchoir Group in Central Lee February 26, 2024
- News Mt. Pleasant Jazz Bands Spend Day at Coe College Jazz Summit February 26, 2024