Weekly Fuel Report
The price of regular unleaded gasoline rose 1 cent, averaging $3.33 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $3.29 per barrel and is currently priced at $75.31.
- Brent crude oil rose $3.03 and is currently priced at $79.77.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $95.84 and Brent crude sold for $106.98.
- As of Wednesday, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.33 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices rose 1 cent from last week’s price and are $1.14 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.54, up 2 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $3.59.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $5.28 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 26 cents less than the national average of $3.85.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.44 for U87-E10, $2.83 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.59 for ULSD#2, $3.12 for ULSD#1, and $2.54 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices fell 3 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.63/MMbtu.
- We will continue reporting retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa in September.