On August 19th, at approximately 2:41PM, the Henry County Sheriff’s Office was notified of a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Highway 218 and School Avenue near Olds. An investigation determined that Julie Shaw, of Burlington was driving southbound on Highway 218 when Peggy Huggins, 66, of Collins Iowa pulled out in front of her. Huggins did not see the approaching Shaw vehicle as she attempted to cross the southbound lanes of Highway 218. Only minor injuries were reported. Huggins was issued a citation for Failure to Yield Upon Entering a Through Highway.
Recent News Stories
- News First Case of Monkeypox in Iowa July 2, 2022
- News Hy-Vee Voluntarily Withdraws All Potato Salad Varieties Due to Presumptive Positive Microbial Test Result July 1, 2022
- News YOUNG FARMERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR IOWA FARM BUREAU’S “GROW YOUR FUTURE” AWARD July 1, 2022
- News 4 Safety Tips to Enjoy Fireworks July 1, 2022
- News Road Construction Update June 30, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count June 30, 2022