On Tuesday, the Iowa Department of Corrections announced the death of Anthony Steven Spurgeon. Spurgeon, who is from Ottumwa, was pronounced dead around 9 a.m. on Monday. Authorities say his death appears to be a suicide. The Iowa Department of Corrections will continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding Spurgeons death. Spurgeon was serving a 15-year maximum term at the Anamosa State Penitentiary for the crime of Habitual Offender and other charges out of Wapello County. He began serving his sentence August 27, 2018.
Recent News Stories
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors meeting Agenda March 27, 2023
- News Pending Board Approval Two Mount Pleasant Grads Are Expected to be Hired For Football Coach and Vocal Music March 27, 2023
- News Wagner Selected for Washington D.C. Trip March 27, 2023
- News Saturday, March 25 News March 25, 2023
- News The Dickey Dispatch by Senator Adrian Dickey March 24, 2023
- News Two Mount Pleasant School Board Meetings March 24, 2023