On Tuesday, the Iowa Department of Corrections announced the death of Anthony Steven Spurgeon. Spurgeon, who is from Ottumwa, was pronounced dead around 9 a.m. on Monday. Authorities say his death appears to be a suicide. The Iowa Department of Corrections will continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding Spurgeons death. Spurgeon was serving a 15-year maximum term at the Anamosa State Penitentiary for the crime of Habitual Offender and other charges out of Wapello County. He began serving his sentence August 27, 2018.
Recent News Stories
- News Change of Date July 3, 2022
- News First Case of Monkeypox in Iowa July 2, 2022
- News Hy-Vee Voluntarily Withdraws All Potato Salad Varieties Due to Presumptive Positive Microbial Test Result July 1, 2022
- News YOUNG FARMERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR IOWA FARM BUREAU’S “GROW YOUR FUTURE” AWARD July 1, 2022
- News 4 Safety Tips to Enjoy Fireworks July 1, 2022
- News Road Construction Update June 30, 2022