One person was killed and another seriously injured in a two vehicle crash Wednesday afternoon near New London. According to the Iowa State Patrol Norman Hirschy of Mount Pleasant died when the pickup he was driving crossed the center line and struck pickup driven by Sheila Wilkerson of New London. Wilkerson was transported to University Hospitals by air. The crash occurred at about 3 pm of the 2500 block of 260th Street also known as Old Hwy 34 west of New London. This is the second fatal crash in a week and a half near New London. Two people were killed in a single vehicle accident southeast of New London on November 26.
Recent News Stories
- News Central Lee Middle School Students Named National Stem Challenge Champions February 24, 2024
- News Rep. Collins Discusses State Supplemental Aid, Public Safety, and Tax Reforms February 24, 2024
- News Multiple Scholarships Available through SEIRMC and Great River Health Foundation February 23, 2024
- News Mark Lofgren – District 48 Update February 23, 2024
- News Wahls a Finalist for Fairfield Community School District Superintendent February 23, 2024
- News RWE Offering Wind Farm Tour on March 4th February 23, 2024