Access Energy Cooperative would like to alert the public to scam telephone calls that are occurring. Access Energy has received reports that community members have been receiving telemarketing calls self-identifying as “the utility” and requesting over the phone payment before utilities are shut off. Access Energy would like to make the public aware of these scams and inform the public that utility companies, including Access Energy and the Mount Pleasant Municipal Utilities, will not call you and ask for your information. If you receive a call alerting you to pay over the phone before your utilities are shut off, please decline to respond, and remember to never give personal information over the telephone.
Recent News Stories
- News YOUNG FARMERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR IOWA FARM BUREAU’S “GROW YOUR FUTURE” AWARD July 1, 2022
- News 4 Safety Tips to Enjoy Fireworks July 1, 2022
- News Road Construction Update June 30, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count June 30, 2022
- News Henry County Supervisors Meeting Agenda June 30, 2022
- News Rollover Accident June 29, 2022