May is Mental Health Awareness Month and The Iowa Departments of Public Health and Human Services are urging Iowans to prioritize their mental health. After the last two years of pandemic living, many people are realizing that stress, isolation, and uncertainty have taken a toll on their well-being. The state of Iowa is launching a multi-platform, multi-audience suicide prevention messaging campaign. The campaign targets Iowa youth as well as adults who are influential in the lives of young Iowans. Messages will run on platforms frequently used by a younger demographic, including TikTok and Snapchat; and placed on broadcast television and social media sites with an older audience demographic. The call to action for both campaigns is to reach out to Your Life Iowa. Your Life Iowa provides free, 24/7 support available for anyone dealing with mental health concerns, thoughts of suicide, substance use, problem alcohol use, or problem gambling. You can reach Your Life Iowa by calling 855-581-8111, or by visiting yourlifeiowa.org.
Recent News Stories
- News Lee County Fair Royalty Crowned July 6, 2022
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda July 6, 2022
- News Rally for Women’s Health to Be Held in Mount Pleasant July 6, 2022
- News Wayland City Council Meeting Agenda July 6, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count July 6, 2022
- News Players Workshop Holding Open Auditions for Fall Musical July 5, 2022