According to court documents the Henry County Sheriff’s office has executed an arrest warrant for Samantha Shumaker of Mount Pleasant. Shumaker is charged with one count of domestic abuse assault display or use of a weapon first offense and one count of false imprisonment. The charges are in connection with an officer involved shooting that occurred December 3 when law enforcement responded to a domestic disturbance call at a residence on North Main Street in Mount Pleasant. Shumaker was wounded by an officer at the scene during the disturbance. The officer has been put on leave and the Iowa Department of Public Safety Division of Criminal Investigation is conducting the investigation.
Recent News Stories
- News Man Now Charged with Murder After Altercation with Father February 20, 2024
- News Semi Truck Slams into Car in Mt. Pleasant on Monday Morning February 20, 2024
- News 5 Injured in Washington County Collision on Friday February 20, 2024
- News Conversation with a Lincoln Collector: Ethan Afshani From New York February 19, 2024
- News Trouble in Milton: Two Occurrences of Theft in Three Days February 19, 2024
- News Parent-Teacher Conference Information for Mt. Pleasant High February 19, 2024