According to court documents the Henry County Sheriff’s office has executed an arrest warrant for Samantha Shumaker of Mount Pleasant. Shumaker is charged with one count of domestic abuse assault display or use of a weapon first offense and one count of false imprisonment. The charges are in connection with an officer involved shooting that occurred December 3 when law enforcement responded to a domestic disturbance call at a residence on North Main Street in Mount Pleasant. Shumaker was wounded by an officer at the scene during the disturbance. The officer has been put on leave and the Iowa Department of Public Safety Division of Criminal Investigation is conducting the investigation.
Recent News Stories
- News Former President Donald Trump to Speak in Ottumwa October 1st September 27, 2023
- News Single Vehicle Accident Near Rural Trenton September 27, 2023
- News Dirt Bike and Go-Cart Collide Head On September 27, 2023
- News Weekly Fuel Report – Gas Prices Continue to Fall September 27, 2023
- News Build Iowa’s Future Design Challenge Provides K-12 Students Unique Opportunity September 27, 2023
- News New Community Survey for Healthy Food Options – Farmers Market September 27, 2023