According to court documents the Henry County Sheriff’s office has executed an arrest warrant for Samantha Shumaker of Mount Pleasant. Shumaker is charged with one count of domestic abuse assault display or use of a weapon first offense and one count of false imprisonment. The charges are in connection with an officer involved shooting that occurred December 3 when law enforcement responded to a domestic disturbance call at a residence on North Main Street in Mount Pleasant. Shumaker was wounded by an officer at the scene during the disturbance. The officer has been put on leave and the Iowa Department of Public Safety Division of Criminal Investigation is conducting the investigation.
Recent News Stories
- News Arrests Made In Copper Theft Case January 27, 2023
- News The Dickey Dispatch by Senator Adrian Dickey January 27, 2023
- News Winfield Will Receive State Waste Water Treatment Grant January 27, 2023
- News Narcotics Investigation in Fairfield January 27, 2023
- News Rinner receives Southeast Iowa County Services Extension Award January 27, 2023
- News Students of Character January 27, 2023