Mount Pleasant High School is pleased to announce that senior Bryce Wilson has been named a National Merit Finalist by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. Bryce, the son of Michael and Kate Wilson, is now eligible for continue competition in the National Merit Scholarship Program. Every finalist will compete for one of 2,500 National Merit Scholarships ($2,500) that will be awarded on a state-representational basis. A student becomes a finalist based on academic record, participation in school and community activities, demonstrated leadership abilities, employment and honors and awards received. The eligible student must have an outstanding academic record, be endorsed and recommended by a high school official, write an essay and earn SAT or ACT scores that confirm the student’s performance on a qualifying test. Mount Pleasant Community High School would like to honor Bryce for this outstanding accomplishment. His commitment and dedication to academics have helped him achieve this goal. Bryce plans to attend Iowa State University or Oklahoma State University and major in Chemical Engineering.
Recent News Stories
- News Iowa State Fair Board Election Results December 11, 2023
- News Christmas with the Governor December 11, 2023
- News Enhance Henry County Community Foundation Meeting Tuesday December 11, 2023
- News Burlington Burglary Bandits Bounced off the Street and into Jail December 11, 2023
- News Ottumwa Driver Dead After Sunday Afternoon Crash December 11, 2023
- News Choose Iowa Grant Application December 8, 2023