Police, ambulance and the fire department responded to a call Wednesday afternoon at the intersection of East Monroe and South Haynes Streets. Scott Houghtby of Mount Pleasant was driving East on Monroe. He swerved to avoid what he thought was going to be a collision with a vehicle pulling out from a stop sign. The action caused him to drive up on the curb and his vehicle hit a tree. He was transported to Henry County Health and later released.
Recent News Stories
- News Iowa Ending FY2023 with Nearly 2 Billion Dollars in General Fund September 29, 2023
- News Flags to Fly at Half-Staff for Senator Feinstein September 29, 2023
- News Mt. Pleasant Man Arrested for Enticing a Minor September 29, 2023
- News Nationwide Test of the FEMA Emergency Alert on Wednesday October 4, 2023 September 29, 2023
- News October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month – Provides Many Opportunities to Support September 29, 2023
- News Panther Marching Band to Compete Twice on Saturday September 29, 2023