Monday, December 6, 2021
Order of business, regular session
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
NOTE: The regular session may be conducted electronically
as allowed by Iowa Code 21.8
Citizen comments: Comments must be directed to the subject under consideration. The presiding officer shall rule on the relevance of the citizen comments. Citizens making personal, impertinent, or slanderous remarks may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting.
- Call to order, 6:00 p.m..
- Accept or amend the agenda.
- Open forum: A time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public on any subject pertaining to City business, including items on this agenda. You are asked to state your name and address for the record and to limit your remarks to five minutes in order that others may be given the opportunity to speak. The Order of Business is at the discretion of the Chair. No action will be taken.
4 Update from the property owner of 405 West Division Street. Action by council if needed.
- Matt Walker, City Engineer from French-Reneker-Assoc.
- Discussion on applying to Southeast Iowa Regional Planning Commission for Regional Transportation STBP funds for resurfacing Old Highway 34.
- Action on Resolution 2021-28, applying for STBP funds for resurfacing Old Highway 34.
- Discussion on possible sewer work off of East Roosevelt Road. Action by council if needed.
- Update on the Sewer Treatment plant project. Action by council if needed.
- Christmas Walk, December 12th.
- Request from Christmas Walk Committee to close streets around City Hall.
- Discussion on donating funds for a Christmas Lighting contest. Action if needed.
- Discussion and action on allowing the Women of Hope from the First Baptist Church to use city hall during the walk.
- Discussion and action on Resolution 2021-29, cellphone reimbursement.
- Streets and utilities report.
- Discussion and action on request from property owner for sewer line repair reimbursement.
- Discussion and action invoice from Fye Excavating for watermain work done at the school.
- Approval of written report.
- Fire Chief report.
- Action by council if needed.
- Building permits.
- Approval of consent agenda.
- Council minutes November 15, 2021.
- B. October 2021 financial reports.
- Payment of bills.
- Council reports and correspondence.
- Discussion on filling the position within the maintenance department. Action by council if needed.
- Setting of the date and time for the next city council meeting.
- Work session with the City Electrician regarding current and upcoming projects. No action will take place during this work session.