Henry County Auditor Shelly Barber is beginning to wonder how busy the polls will be on election day. Not because she thinks there will be low voter turn out in the general election but because of the high volume of early voting taking place. Between the absentee ballots that have been returned and the number of ballots cast early in person at the courthouse over 4,460 people have already voted. The auditor also noted that 65% of the absentee ballots that have been returned were hand delivered to the auditors office despite the fact there was postage paid on each one.
Recent News Stories
- News Area Drop-Offs for Deer Hides December 3, 2022
- News GoFundMe Account Started For Stockport Man December 3, 2022
- News Orchestra Looking for Singers December 2, 2022
- News Iowa HHS Announces First Flu Deaths of Season December 2, 2022
- News Road Closure Continues December 2, 2022
- News Free HollyDaze Concert Presented by the Southeast Iowa Symphony December 2, 2022