The Henry County Supervisors received a letter from the Veterans Affairs Commission regarding expanding hours for the County Veteran Service Officer. Roger Pittsenbarger serves in the role and currently is paid for 20 hours a week. But due to what is described as an incredible increase in his workload, the Commission is asking for approval to make Pittsenbarger’s position 40 hours a week effective December 1. Pay and benefits would have to be worked out. Apparently, Pittsenbarger has been working more than 20 hours already but not being paid for the extra. The Commission said there has been a big increase in the number of veterans coming in for assistance. The supervisors will have the request put on an upcoming meeting agenda.
Recent News Stories
- News Holiday Enforcement Increase December 6, 2021
- News Danville City Council Meeting Agenda December 6, 2021
- News Fatal Hunting Incident December 5, 2021
- News Gov. Reynolds appoints Clinton Boddicker as District Court Judge December 4, 2021
- News Farm Owners and Operators Meeting December 3, 2021
- News Supervisors Approve Bridge Inspection Contract December 3, 2021