October 2, at approximately 11:41PM, the Henry County Sheriff’s Office took a report of a single vehicle rollover near Mile Marker 45 on U.S. Highway 218 near to Mount Pleasant. After an investigation, it was found that the driver, Kathy Bridget Hensley-Birky of Cedar Rapids, was driving northbound on U.S. Highway 218. She apparently fell asleep while driving. The vehicle went off the roadway and drove off into the median striking a cable barrier. After striking the cable barrier, the vehicle rolled several times. The driver was transported to the Henry County Health Center for possible serious injuries. The vehicle was a total loss. The Mount Pleasant Police Department, Henry County Paramedics, and Mount Pleasant Fire all assisted with this accident. Hensley-Birky received a citation for failing to maintain control of a motor vehicle.
Recent News Stories
- News New Electric Vehicle Chargers Tax Beginning July 1st June 9, 2023
- News IWU Furniture June 9, 2023
- News Water Main Break on West Orange Street June 9, 2023
- News New Donation Box at the Quarter Maybe More Store June 9, 2023
- News Fellowship Cup – Summer Sack Program Donations June 9, 2023
- News 4-H Camp a Success June 9, 2023