The severe thunderstorm that blew through Southeast Iowa Sunday morning brought wind and rain. The Mount Pleasant area not reporting hail but there were numerous branches and even a few trees brought down. A large tree in front of the Harlan-Lincoln House on the IW campus came down on the structures porch. It sounds like Henry Couty Road crews were out clearing trees from the roadway, at least south of Mount Pleasant. The KILJ rain gauge over flowed indicating just over two inches of rain that fell in just over an hour. As of noon Sunday, KILJ had not received any reports of widespread power outages due to the storm.
Recent News Stories
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda December 7, 2022
- News Consumer Connection: Discussing Scams and Fraud with Your Family Members over the Holidays December 7, 2022
- News ALERT: Text messages claiming locked EBT Cards are a scam December 7, 2022
- News SFM Fairfield Honored with Iowa Venture Award December 7, 2022
- News Gov. Reynolds orders flags at half-staff for Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day December 7, 2022
- News Wayland City Council Meeting Agenda December 7, 2022