The severe thunderstorm that blew through Southeast Iowa Sunday morning brought wind and rain. The Mount Pleasant area not reporting hail but there were numerous branches and even a few trees brought down. A large tree in front of the Harlan-Lincoln House on the IW campus came down on the structures porch. It sounds like Henry Couty Road crews were out clearing trees from the roadway, at least south of Mount Pleasant. The KILJ rain gauge over flowed indicating just over two inches of rain that fell in just over an hour. As of noon Sunday, KILJ had not received any reports of widespread power outages due to the storm.
Recent News Stories
- News FFA Strawberries Enroute! February 21, 2024
- News Henry County Health Center Senior Life Solutions – Good Heart Health Linked to Strong Mental Health February 21, 2024
- News HCHC Scholarship/Loan Program Announced February 21, 2024
- News Supervisors Discuss Wind Energy at Meeting February 21, 2024
- News Man Now Charged with Murder After Altercation with Father February 20, 2024
- News Semi Truck Slams into Car in Mt. Pleasant on Monday Morning February 20, 2024