The severe thunderstorm that blew through Southeast Iowa Sunday morning brought wind and rain. The Mount Pleasant area not reporting hail but there were numerous branches and even a few trees brought down. A large tree in front of the Harlan-Lincoln House on the IW campus came down on the structures porch. It sounds like Henry Couty Road crews were out clearing trees from the roadway, at least south of Mount Pleasant. The KILJ rain gauge over flowed indicating just over two inches of rain that fell in just over an hour. As of noon Sunday, KILJ had not received any reports of widespread power outages due to the storm.
Recent News Stories
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors meeting Agenda March 27, 2023
- News Pending Board Approval Two Mount Pleasant Grads Are Expected to be Hired For Football Coach and Vocal Music March 27, 2023
- News Wagner Selected for Washington D.C. Trip March 27, 2023
- News Saturday, March 25 News March 25, 2023
- News The Dickey Dispatch by Senator Adrian Dickey March 24, 2023
- News Two Mount Pleasant School Board Meetings March 24, 2023