On Monday August 7th, just before 5 p.m., the Mount Pleasant Police Department was dispatched to the intersection of North Jefferson Street and West Monroe Street for a report of a two-vehicle accident. Upon investigation it was determined that 2012 Honda CRV operated by Susan Clark of Mount Pleasant, was stopped at the stop sign in the 100 block of North Jefferson Street at the intersection of West Monroe Street facing south. A 1988 Chevrolet S10 operated by Matthew Keiser of Burlington, was traveling southbound in the 100 block of North Jefferson Street directly behind the Honda CRV. The Chevrolet S10 failed to stop in an assured clear distance and caused a rear end collision with the Honda CRV. The damage the Honda CRV sustained is estimated to be in excess of $5,000.00. The damage the Chevrolet S10 sustained is estimated to be in excess of $1,000.00. Matthew was cited for failure to stop in assured clear distance and no valid driver’s license. No injuries were reported to Law Enforcement. The Mount Pleasant Police Department was assisted by Newberry towing and recovery.
Recent News Stories
- News Tony Keefe – New LeeComm Director September 22, 2023
- News Mt. Pleasant Travels to Marion for Marching Band Contest September 22, 2023
- News Burlington Police Department Hiring September 22, 2023
- News 2023 Mt. Pleasant Homecoming Court September 22, 2023
- News HCHC Raising Funds for New Safety Vests September 21, 2023
- News One Lane Closure on 170th St September 21, 2023