On November 22, just after 6:30 pm the Mt. Pleasant Police Department responded to the 900 block of East Washington Street for a report of a two-vehicle accident. Upon investigation, it was determined that a van operated by Gerald Wiggins of Mount Pleasant, was stopped in the roadway in the 900 block of East Washington Street facing East while waiting to make a left-hand turn. A second vehicle operated by a juvenile from Mount Pleasant was also traveling eastbound on East Washington Street. That vehicle failed to see that the van had stopped causing the collision. The combined damage to both vehicles was estimated to be in excess of $7,000.00. Both subjects were assessed on scene by the Henry County ambulance crew. As a result of this investigation, the juvenile was cited for failure to stop in assured clear distance.
Recent News Stories
- News New Electric Vehicle Chargers Tax Beginning July 1st June 9, 2023
- News IWU Furniture June 9, 2023
- News Water Main Break on West Orange Street June 9, 2023
- News New Donation Box at the Quarter Maybe More Store June 9, 2023
- News Fellowship Cup – Summer Sack Program Donations June 9, 2023
- News 4-H Camp a Success June 9, 2023