On November 22, just after 6:30 pm the Mt. Pleasant Police Department responded to the 900 block of East Washington Street for a report of a two-vehicle accident. Upon investigation, it was determined that a van operated by Gerald Wiggins of Mount Pleasant, was stopped in the roadway in the 900 block of East Washington Street facing East while waiting to make a left-hand turn. A second vehicle operated by a juvenile from Mount Pleasant was also traveling eastbound on East Washington Street. That vehicle failed to see that the van had stopped causing the collision. The combined damage to both vehicles was estimated to be in excess of $7,000.00. Both subjects were assessed on scene by the Henry County ambulance crew. As a result of this investigation, the juvenile was cited for failure to stop in assured clear distance.
Recent News Stories
- News Area Drop-Offs for Deer Hides December 3, 2022
- News GoFundMe Account Started For Stockport Man December 3, 2022
- News Orchestra Looking for Singers December 2, 2022
- News Iowa HHS Announces First Flu Deaths of Season December 2, 2022
- News Road Closure Continues December 2, 2022
- News Free HollyDaze Concert Presented by the Southeast Iowa Symphony December 2, 2022