On November 19, 2022, at approximately 4:42AM, the Henry County Sheriff’s Office received a report from a motorist that he observed an S.U.V. in the 2000 Grid of U.S. Highway 218 north of Mount Pleasant, Iowa, and that a person in the vehicle was waiving down motorists for possible help. After locating and speaking with the male subject in the vehicle, it was found that Joel Allen Wallace (67 years of age) of Lone Tree, Iowa, was driving northbound on U.S. Highway 218 when his vehicle broke down. During the course of the interaction with Joel, it was determined that Joel had been operating his motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. Joel was subsequently placed under arrest and transported to the Henry County Jail without incident where he was later charged with Operating While Under the Influence First Offense, a Serious Misdemeanor.
Recent News Stories
- News Iowa Ending FY2023 with Nearly 2 Billion Dollars in General Fund September 29, 2023
- News Flags to Fly at Half-Staff for Senator Feinstein September 29, 2023
- News Mt. Pleasant Man Arrested for Enticing a Minor September 29, 2023
- News Nationwide Test of the FEMA Emergency Alert on Wednesday October 4, 2023 September 29, 2023
- News October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month – Provides Many Opportunities to Support September 29, 2023
- News Panther Marching Band to Compete Twice on Saturday September 29, 2023