Mount Pleasant Fire Department responded to the South Park apartment complex on South Main Street Sunday afternoon. The call came in at 4:30 pm from a lower level apartment in building 4. Firefighters arrived on scene to find the kitchen on fire. They were able to get in and quickly extinguish the blaze that apparently began with the stove. Heavy smoke and fire damage was contained to the apartment. No one was injured. The fire remains under investigation. 2 engines, a command vehicle and 11 firefighters were on the scene for about one hour.
Recent News Stories
- News Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs launches program to train next generation of nonprofit leaders August 10, 2022
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda August 10, 2022
- News Childcare Center Working on Phase II of Fundraising August 10, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count August 10, 2022
- News Crash Victims Identified August 10, 2022
- News Mount Pleasant High School Needs Para Educators August 9, 2022