Both Willard Miller and Jeremy Goodale will be tried in adult court for the murder of Fairfield High School teacher Nohema Graber. Judge Shawn Shower denied requests from both to be tried as juveniles. The teens are charged with first degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder. In his ruling in the reverse waiver hearings for each Judge Shower said“the Defendant has the potential for rehabilitation. However, the juvenile court simply has too little time to rehabilitate the Defendant for a crime of such magnitude and of the nature described in the minutes of testimony.” Goodale’s trial has been set for August 23. Miller’s trial has been scheduled for November 1. At this time the two trials are planned for the Jefferson County Courthouse.
Recent News Stories
- News Mount Pleasant City Council Meeting Agenda May 24, 2022
- News Iowa Crop Progress and Condition Report May 24, 2022
- News KILJ Announces New Sports Director May 24, 2022
- News Soil and Water Conservation District Meeting Agenda May 23, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count May 23, 2022
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda May 23, 2022