Both Willard Miller and Jeremy Goodale will be tried in adult court for the murder of Fairfield High School teacher Nohema Graber. Judge Shawn Shower denied requests from both to be tried as juveniles. The teens are charged with first degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder. In his ruling in the reverse waiver hearings for each Judge Shower said“the Defendant has the potential for rehabilitation. However, the juvenile court simply has too little time to rehabilitate the Defendant for a crime of such magnitude and of the nature described in the minutes of testimony.” Goodale’s trial has been set for August 23. Miller’s trial has been scheduled for November 1. At this time the two trials are planned for the Jefferson County Courthouse.
Recent News Stories
- News Garage Fire in Burlington June 8, 2023
- News Weekly Fuel Report June 8, 2023
- News TWO Residents turn 100 on the same day in Wayland, IA June 8, 2023
- News Beware of Utility Phone Scam June 7, 2023
- News Mobile Home Fire in Burlington June 7, 2023
- News Public Health needs your input to improve the health of Henry County June 7, 2023