Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Order of business, regular session
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
NOTE: The regular session may be conducted electronically
as allowed by Iowa Code 21.8
Citizen comments: Comments must be directed to the subject under consideration. The presiding officer shall rule on the relevance of the citizen comments. Citizens making personal, impertinent, or slanderous remarks may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting.
- Call to order 6:00 p.m.
- Accept or amend the agenda.
- Open forum: A time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public on any subject pertaining to City business, including items on this agenda. You are asked to state your name and address for the record and to limit your remarks to five minutes in order that others may be given the opportunity to speak. The Order of Business is at the discretion of the Chair. No action will be taken.
- Discussion and action on the 2023 September Des Moines County Sheriff’s report.
- Fire Chief/Building Inspector report – action by council if needed.
- Approval, if needed, of building permits and/or report as presented.
- City Electrician report.
- Approval of report if needed.
- Public Works written report.
- Discussion and action on the purchase of a backhoe.
- Update on the potential easement needed for the wastewater treatment plant. Action by council if needed.
- Approval of the written report as presented.
- Approval of consent agenda.
- Council minutes of October 2, 2023.
- September 2023 financial report.
- Payment of bills.
- Council reports and correspondence.
- Update on the temporary work easements for the city extending work on the drainage ditch to the school property. Action by council if needed.
- Review of a letter received from a property owner regarding recent work done on the drainage ditch. Action by council if needed.
- Discussion on the sidewalk repairs needed in the 200 block of North Main Street. Action if needed.
- Adjournment. The next session of the Danville City Council will be held on Monday, November 6, 2023, starting at 6:00 p.m..
- A work session will be held after the council meeting if needed to work on the survey forms for the CDBG income survey.