|A Fairfield citizen has died due to a multiple vehicle crash that occurred in Washington County on Monday, September 4th.
A vehicle was traveling southbound on highway 1 south of Washington and crossed the center line. It struck an oncoming vehicle heading north, which resulted in the death of the driver of the first vehicle. Ann E Gary, of Fairfield Iowa, passed away in this collision. The driver was wearing their seatbelt at the time of the crash.
This incident remains under investigation. The Iowa State Patrol was assisted by Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Washington Police Department, Washington Fire Department, and Washington First Responders.
Recent News Stories
- News Illegal Drug Use in Mediapolis, Man Arrested September 28, 2023
- News Noah’s Ark Animal Foundation Hosting Vaccination and Microchip Clinic September 28, 2023
- News Crisis Averted As Driver Successfully Maneuvers Vehicle After Wheel Falls Off September 28, 2023
- News Former President Donald Trump to Speak in Ottumwa October 1st September 27, 2023
- News Single Vehicle Accident Near Rural Trenton September 27, 2023
- News Dirt Bike and Go-Cart Collide Head On September 27, 2023