Mount Pleasant, Iowa, October 6, 2022 – Early detection is the best protection against breast cancer. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Henry County Health Center will offer screening mammograms with no appointment necessary on Friday, October 21. Normal billing processes will apply.
On October 21, anyone over the age of 40 is invited to get a routine screening mammogram between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. at HCHC with the following guidelines:
- Must be over the age of 40;
- Routine screening mammograms only;
- Must be at least one year since your last mammogram for insurance purposes;
- No appointment necessary, but need to register at the health center lobby main entrance;
- Patients must designate a physician or advanced practice provider to receive the report.
- Normal billing processes will apply.
HCHC patients receive advanced breast imaging with HCHC’s Hologic Selenia Dimensions 3-D mammography. Breast tomosynthesis, often referred to as 3-D mammography, allows doctors to see masses and distortions associated with cancers and precancerous cells significantly more clearly than conventional 2-D mammography.
For more information about mammography at HCHC, contact the Imaging Services Department at 319-385-6158. On October 21, no appointment is required for a routine screening mammogram; just register in the front lobby. However, for patients wanting to schedule a mammogram, call 319-385-6540.