On May 21 at about 12:30 in the morning, an inmate at the Henry County Jail assaulted multiple staff members. Inmate Jeremiah Trevaughn Dean of Iowa City, Iowa, became combative when jail staff and officers attempted to remove him from a jail cell. As a result, a staff member and a deputy received minor injuries. Dean was charged with four counts of Assault by Inmate with Bodily Fluids or Secretions (Class D Felonies), Assault on Persons in Certain Occupations with Bodily Injury (Aggravated Misdemeanor), and Interference with Official Acts Causing Bodily Injury (Serious Misdemeanor).
Recent News Stories
- News Change of Date July 3, 2022
- News First Case of Monkeypox in Iowa July 2, 2022
- News Hy-Vee Voluntarily Withdraws All Potato Salad Varieties Due to Presumptive Positive Microbial Test Result July 1, 2022
- News YOUNG FARMERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR IOWA FARM BUREAU’S “GROW YOUR FUTURE” AWARD July 1, 2022
- News 4 Safety Tips to Enjoy Fireworks July 1, 2022
- News Road Construction Update June 30, 2022