The Lee County Sheriff’s office has released the details of a fatal crash that occurred April 15 just after 5 pm. Emergency crews were dispatched to the intersection of Highway 2 and West Point Road. A vehicle had hit a fence in a field northwest of the intersection. There was an unresponsive female behind the wheel. She was later identified as Luan Carol Schmitt of New London. Schmitt was driving west on Highway 2 when she lost control. The accident remains under investigation.
Recent News Stories
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors meeting Agenda March 27, 2023
- News Pending Board Approval Two Mount Pleasant Grads Are Expected to be Hired For Football Coach and Vocal Music March 27, 2023
- News Wagner Selected for Washington D.C. Trip March 27, 2023
- News Saturday, March 25 News March 25, 2023
- News The Dickey Dispatch by Senator Adrian Dickey March 24, 2023
- News Two Mount Pleasant School Board Meetings March 24, 2023