The Mount Pleasant School Board continues to discuss a possible change to the board director district structure. There are currently seven members. The number will remain the same. However, due to a change in population, the director districts are no longer balanced. The boundary lines could be re-drawn but this is also an opportunity to change-up the representation. The board is showing interest in creating two director districts represented by two directors for each. There would then be three at large members. There is also interest in going all at large members. Supt. John Henriksen will present the issue to the School Improvement Advisory Committee for input.
Recent News Stories
- News Choose Iowa Grant Application December 8, 2023
- News Woman Killed in Burlington Now Identified December 8, 2023
- News Budget Cuts Coming to Henry County December 8, 2023
- News Cereal Box Drive Organized by Mt. Pleasant Highschoolers December 8, 2023
- News Two Men Flee After Traffic Stop in Mt. Pleasant Now Charged December 8, 2023
- News Man Arrested Months After Burglary December 8, 2023