America’s Small Business Development Center in Iowa is pleased to announce that Port Louisa Transport of Wapello is the winner of the organization’s statewide April Small Business of the Month Award. Port Louisa Transport is a non-medical transportation service that opened in Wapello in June of 2016. The service was opened after Tammy Keller saw a need and, decided to fill that need. Tammy and her husband Kirk were having an increasingly difficult time finding reliable non-medical transport for their son to travel between Hope Haven in Burlington and his doctors’ appointments. A counselor at Hope Haven jokingly suggested Tammy start a non-medical transportation company. The Kellers decided to look into purchasing a handicapped-accessible van. The couple purchased the van, put their own car into the fleet and began their business.
Recent News Stories
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors meeting Agenda March 27, 2023
- News Pending Board Approval Two Mount Pleasant Grads Are Expected to be Hired For Football Coach and Vocal Music March 27, 2023
- News Wagner Selected for Washington D.C. Trip March 27, 2023
- News Saturday, March 25 News March 25, 2023
- News The Dickey Dispatch by Senator Adrian Dickey March 24, 2023
- News Two Mount Pleasant School Board Meetings March 24, 2023