America’s Small Business Development Center in Iowa is pleased to announce that Port Louisa Transport of Wapello is the winner of the organization’s statewide April Small Business of the Month Award. Port Louisa Transport is a non-medical transportation service that opened in Wapello in June of 2016. The service was opened after Tammy Keller saw a need and, decided to fill that need. Tammy and her husband Kirk were having an increasingly difficult time finding reliable non-medical transport for their son to travel between Hope Haven in Burlington and his doctors’ appointments. A counselor at Hope Haven jokingly suggested Tammy start a non-medical transportation company. The Kellers decided to look into purchasing a handicapped-accessible van. The couple purchased the van, put their own car into the fleet and began their business.
Recent News Stories
- News First Case of Monkeypox in Iowa July 2, 2022
- News Hy-Vee Voluntarily Withdraws All Potato Salad Varieties Due to Presumptive Positive Microbial Test Result July 1, 2022
- News YOUNG FARMERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR IOWA FARM BUREAU’S “GROW YOUR FUTURE” AWARD July 1, 2022
- News 4 Safety Tips to Enjoy Fireworks July 1, 2022
- News Road Construction Update June 30, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count June 30, 2022