Mount Pleasant Police were part of the pursuit that took place on Hwy 218 Tuesday morning. Police say a call came in just after 11 am reporting a truck southbound but not staying in the correct lane. The truck’s yellow hazard lights were also illuminated. A police officer attempted to make contact with the driver, identified as Jesse Yount of Florissant, Missouri. However, Yount continued south on 218 at speeds of up to 100 miles an hour. At one point the chase led officers onto West Washington Street and then south on Grand Avenue before the driver returned to 218. Yount continued south into Lee County where law enforcement agencies were alerted that Yount was still headed south but in the northbound lanes of 218. At one point the vehicle crossed thru the median and back into the southbound lanes. Stop sticks were deployed in an effort to stop the vehicle. Yount lost control of the truck causing it to flip several times. Yount got out of the truck and ran south before being apprehended. Yount was transported to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries. He is charged with reckless driving and eluding, improper or erratic lane changing and failure to yield to emergency vehicles.
Recent News Stories
- News Henry County Supervisors Meeting Agenda August 19, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count August 19, 2022
- News Mount Pleasant Utilities Special Meeting Agenda August 18, 2022
- News Water Shut-Off August 18, 2022
- News New Utilities General Manager August 17, 2022
- News LABORSHED STUDY TO BE CONDUCTED IN MOUNT PLEASANT August 17, 2022