According to the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office Tuesday morning a Van Buren County Community School District bus collided with a horse drawn buggy. A woman in the buggy was injured and taken by ambulance to the Van Buren County Hospital. Sources say there were 21 students on the bus but none of them were hurt. Preliminary reports indicate the accident happened just before 8 a.m. near the intersection of Highway J40 and Heather Avenue, west of Keosauqua the horse pulling the buggy got spooked and crossed the centerline into the path of the oncoming Van Buren County School bus.
Recent News Stories
- News Winfield-Mt. Union Community School Board Meeting Agenda June 2, 2023
- News Farmers Market Nutrition Program Returns June 2, 2023
- News 100 Deadliest Days Begin June 2, 2023
- News Henry County Supervisors Agenda, June 6th June 1, 2023
- News Firework Use Times in Henry County June 1, 2023
- News 11-year-old Missing Child Found, Ottumwa Man Facing Charges June 1, 2023