On October 15, at approximately 12:40AM, the Henry County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a truck in a ditch in the 2300 Grid of Franklin Avenue. After deputies arrived on scene, it was found that a pick up had been driven off the roadway and down into the westside ditch. No one was on the scene with the vehicle when deputies arrived. Just before 1:30 am, the sheriff’s office received a report of a male subject walking northbound in the 2100 Grid of Franklin Avenue. Deputies located the man a short time later. He was later identified as Dillon Dwaine Haynes of Mount Pleasant. Haynes admitted to driving the truck found in the ditch that night. He stated he fell asleep at the wheel and drove off the roadway. After an investigation, Haynes was found to have been operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. He was subsequently placed under arrest and transported to the Henry County Jail without incident where he was later charged with O.W.I. Second Offense (Aggravated Misdemeanor) and Driving While License Suspended (Simple Misdemeanor). He was also given citations for Open Container by Driver 21 Years Old or Older and Failing to Maintain Control of a Motor Vehicle.
Recent News Stories
- News Woman Killed in Burlington Now Identified December 8, 2023
- News Budget Cuts Coming to Henry County December 8, 2023
- News Cereal Box Drive Organized by Mt. Pleasant Highschoolers December 8, 2023
- News Two Men Flee After Traffic Stop in Mt. Pleasant Now Charged December 8, 2023
- News Man Arrested Months After Burglary December 8, 2023
- News Multiple Vehicle Accident on Tuesday Involving 15 Year Old December 7, 2023