Sunday just before 4:30 pm New London Fire Department responded to a call from the 3000 block of New London Road. A two car garage combination shop was fully engulfed. New London Fire Chief Brad Helmerson called Mount Pleasant for mutual aid. The Chief didn’t know for sure how the fire started. The contents of the building such as a mower, a motorcycle and tools were destroyed. Some of the siding melted on the house on the property that was located about 20 feet away. Fourteen firefighters from New London and eight from Mount Pleasant responded along with an engine and a tanker from each department.
Recent News Stories
- News Washington County 4-H Hall of Fame Nomination Information March 2, 2024
- News Fairfield School District Announces New Superintendent Zach Wigle March 1, 2024
- News Keokuk Man to Spend 60 Years in Federal Prison for Child Pornography Charges March 1, 2024
- News 200 Month Sentence for Conspiracy to Distribute Meth March 1, 2024
- News Mark Lofgren – District 48 Week 8 Update March 1, 2024
- News SHIIP Counselors Here to Help With Medicare Questions March 1, 2024