On Monday at about 1:30 pm Mt Pleasant Police were dispatched to a motor vehicle collision in the 800 block of E. Washington Street in Mt Pleasant. It was determined that a van was legally stopped on East Washington for a delivery with the emergency flashers on. A car operated by Stacey Vroom was eastbound. Vroom did not see the stopped van. Her car struck the van from behind. The total damage was estimated at $4500. There were no injuries at the scene. Vroom was cited for failure to stop in assured distance.
Recent News Stories
- News First Case of Monkeypox in Iowa July 2, 2022
- News Hy-Vee Voluntarily Withdraws All Potato Salad Varieties Due to Presumptive Positive Microbial Test Result July 1, 2022
- News YOUNG FARMERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR IOWA FARM BUREAU’S “GROW YOUR FUTURE” AWARD July 1, 2022
- News 4 Safety Tips to Enjoy Fireworks July 1, 2022
- News Road Construction Update June 30, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count June 30, 2022