Monday, October 17, 2022
Order of business, regular session
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
NOTE: The regular session may be conducted electronically
as allowed by Iowa Code 21.8
Citizen comments: Comments must be directed to the subject under consideration. The presiding officer shall rule on the relevance of the citizen comments. Citizens making personal, impertinent, or slanderous remarks may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting.
- Call to order, 6:00 p.m..
- Accept or amend the agenda.
- Open forum: A time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public on any subject pertaining to City business, including items on this agenda. You are asked to state your name and address for the record and to limit your remarks to five minutes in order that others may be given the opportunity to speak. The Order of Business is at the discretion of the Chair. No action will be taken.
- Des Moines County Sheriff’s department
- Approval of the September 2022 Sheriff’s report.
- Review of the recent Danville School’s homecoming events.
- Review/update on properties in the city that are in violation of City Code 8.16 and Iowa Code
364.12(c), weeds and brush removal. Action by council if needed will be Resolution 2022-24.
- Discussion and action on Resolution 2022-26, establishing a Street Program to rehabilitate streets and alleyways within the city limits.
- Discussion and action on Resolution 2022-27 declaring an official intent under Treasury Regulation 1.150-2 to issue debt to reimburse the City for certain original expenditures paid in connection with specified Projects.
- Update on the sanitary sewer repairs on East Roosevelt Road and fire hydrant replacements on West Roosevelt Road. Action by council.
- Fire Chief/Building Inspector report.
- Update on the purchase of a new fire truck. Action by council if needed.
- Building permits approval.
- Action on the verbal/written report as presented.
- City electrician’s report – action by council if needed.
Page 1 of 2, agenda
Page 2 of 2,, agenda,
October 17, 2022
City of Danville
- Public Works written report – action by council if needed.
- Approval of consent agenda.
- Council minutes of October 3, 2022.
- Authorizing the City Clerk to attend the upcoming budget workshop November 3 in North Liberty.
- Payment of bills.
- Council reports and correspondence.
- Adjournment. The next regular session of the Danville City Council is scheduled for Monday, November 7, 2022, 6:00 p.m., Danville City Hall.