The Lee County Sheriff’s Department investigated a car that went off the road as a result of a fatal medical emergency. Carol Reed of Ft. Madison was driving south near the intersection of Hwy 218 and Primrose Road. Apparently, she suffered a medical problem leading to her death. The vehicle left the roadway, traveling onto the shoulder and coming to rest in the grass alongside the road. Reed was pronounced dead at the scene by the medical examiner’s office personnel.
Recent News Stories
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda November 28, 2022
- News Giving Tuesday November 28, 2022
- News Lofgren Assignment November 28, 2022
- News Single vehicle crash near New London Update November 26, 2022
- News Winter Fun in the Oakland Mills Park November 25, 2022
- News Campground Hosts Needed for State and County Parks November 25, 2022