Two people from Bloomington, Illinois have been charged following an investigation into checks that appeared to be written on the Henry County Jail checking account. Messiah Johnson and Darriauna Jones are each charged with forgery and theft. It was discovered that multiple fraudulent checks totaling over $30,000 were deposited into suspect accounts. Johnson and Jones had previously been incarcerated at the jail in Mount Pleasant. Money taken from the pair at booking was returned to them as checks. These were used to create the fake checks. Further charges are pending.
Recent News Stories
- News Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs launches program to train next generation of nonprofit leaders August 10, 2022
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda August 10, 2022
- News Childcare Center Working on Phase II of Fundraising August 10, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count August 10, 2022
- News Crash Victims Identified August 10, 2022
- News Mount Pleasant High School Needs Para Educators August 9, 2022