The price of regular unleaded gasoline fell 11 cents, averaging $3.19 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by 89 cents per barrel over last week, currently priced at $82.67.
- Brent crude oil fell $1.40 and is currently priced at $86.65.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $88.37 and Brent crude was at $95.12.
- As of Wednesday, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.19 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell 11 cents from last week’s price and are down 37 cents from a year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.46, down 8 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 17 cents this week with a statewide average of $4.51.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $5.17 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 6 cents higher than the national average of $4.45.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.15 for U87-E10, $2.43 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.97 for ULSD#2, $3.44 for ULSD#1, and $2.20 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices were down 1 cent with a statewide average of $1.54 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices fell 46 cents, with a statewide average of $3.91 per gallon
- Natural gas prices rose 17 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.55/MMbtu