May 13 is the date set for a public hearing on for three bid packages making up the Cedar Lane well and water distribution project. The Mount Pleasant Municipal Utilities Board will hold the hearing during it’s 1 pm meeting that day. The project is broken up into three parts to keep cost down. The entire cost of this phase of this project to create a new well for the city is estimated at about 3 million dollars. A third of that is coming from an Economic Development Administration grant. At a meeting Tuesday the Utilities Board of Trustees reviewed the bid packages covering well drilling, well equipping and the raw water main. The board passed resolutions giving tentative approval to the proposed plans, specs, form of contract and estimated cost for each bid package.
Recent News Stories
- News Frank C. “Sandy” Hedges May 10, 2021
- News West Point City Council Meeting Agenda May 10, 2021
- News Summer Outdoor Concerts with Fairfield Arts & Convention Center May 10, 2021
- News Henry County Supervisors Meeting Agenda May 10, 2021
- News Assault With a Taser May 10, 2021
- News Juveniles Arrested for Vandelism May 8, 2021