Wednesday afternoon emergency crews were called to the intersection of 235th Street and Franklin Avenue west of Mount Pleasant truck-semi collision. Lloyd Bank of Salem was driving a pick-up truck and stopped at the stop sign at the intersection. Bank then attempted to turn west but failed to yield to a semi driven by Doren Walker of Kalona. Walker swerved to avoid a collision but struck the pickup in the rear on the driver’s side. Bank complained of a possible injury and was transported from the scene by private vehicle. The semi driver was uninjured. Bank was cited for failure to stop at a stop sign and failure to yield the right away.
Recent News Stories
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda December 7, 2022
- News Consumer Connection: Discussing Scams and Fraud with Your Family Members over the Holidays December 7, 2022
- News ALERT: Text messages claiming locked EBT Cards are a scam December 7, 2022
- News SFM Fairfield Honored with Iowa Venture Award December 7, 2022
- News Gov. Reynolds orders flags at half-staff for Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day December 7, 2022
- News Wayland City Council Meeting Agenda December 7, 2022