|Weekly Fuel Report
May 19-25, 2022
DES MOINES, Iowa (May 25, 2022) – The price of regular unleaded gasoline rose 8 cents, averaging $4.23 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
· The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.39 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $110.82.
· Brent crude oil rose $4.66 and currently priced at $114.62.
· One year ago, WTI crude sold for $66.07 and Brent crude was at $68.80.
· As of Wednesday, May 25, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $4.23 across Iowa according to AAA.
o Prices rose 8 cents from last week’s price and $1.34 higher than one year ago.
o The national average on Wednesday was $4.60, up 3 cents from last week’s price.
· Retail diesel prices in Iowa were down 6 cents this week with a statewide average of $5.20.
o One year ago, diesel prices averaged $3.05 in Iowa.
o The current Iowa diesel price is 34 cents less than the national average of $5.54.
· Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
· The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $3.39 for U87-E10, $3.85 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $3.77 for ULSD#2, $3.92 for ULSD#1, and $3.09 per gallon for E-70 prices.
· Natural gas prices rose 97 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $9.23/MMbtu.
· Continuing throughout the summer months, we will only report retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa once a month.
Recent News Stories
- News First Case of Monkeypox in Iowa July 2, 2022
- News Hy-Vee Voluntarily Withdraws All Potato Salad Varieties Due to Presumptive Positive Microbial Test Result July 1, 2022
- News YOUNG FARMERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR IOWA FARM BUREAU’S “GROW YOUR FUTURE” AWARD July 1, 2022
- News 4 Safety Tips to Enjoy Fireworks July 1, 2022
- News Road Construction Update June 30, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count June 30, 2022